Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Weakest Link

Well it is Lisa blogging again. I have met all kinds of people. I met Victor who was our translator, tour guide and for some of you reading this, your facilatator. Whatever the case, he was a prayer answered from GOD for us. He had our days planned out travel, train, walk, whatever it took. The past three days have been quiet the experience for Lisa and Keely neither of whom have ever been out of the country or ridden a train, much less slept on one. As for that experience, I will be traveling by train more often. Well for everything everyone has told me about Ukraine, I have not had any of that. I have had a nice shower everyday. I have eaten well. I have had toilet paper everywhere I have been.

The next day I met Slava. He has taken Victors place. He is very nice and says he doesn't know English very well and that we are his experiment. He speaks it better than most Americans. He road the train with us last night and anyone that knows me knows that I ask a million questions. He is a very interesting guy. He is married, has two little girls and is a starving Musician. I promised to buy him the movie August Rush and send it to him; he plays the Guitar like that kid.

So I went to Church today! How about that Pastor Mark; out of the country and still going to Church!! Did not understand a word (okay, I am lying. I did understand Amen). Regardless if there is a language barrier the presence of the Lord is still there.

Then I met Olga personally; not just kinda in passing. She is the one that set up all our activities at the Boarding School #3. She is very nice and I will be spending the next four days with her. Well, I will be blogging more to tell you all How GOOD GOD IS!!!! over the next four days when I get to go bless all his children. I have learned everyday walking the streets of Ukraine that these are God's people just like you and I. They are different than you and I but God made them with the same hands that he made you and I. Keep all of us in your prayers, not just us and the orphange, but Ukraine; they need God's people praying for them!!!

Don't forget to read Laura and Vicky's blog from today too!

God Bless,
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am so glad you are being blessed on this trip and continuing to have toilet paper every where you go !!!HA HA..Keeping everyone in my prayers and I can't wait to hear the live version of the trip when you return !! Love to all of you!!!
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Lisa,
You are a wonderful! I am so proud of you. I miss you so much. Its kinda quiet at the salon with out you. Be safe and keep blogging!! LOVE YA!!

Anita

Rahn's Journey said...

Hi Team to Ukraine,
It sounds like a success trip to Ukraine. God Bless you as you minister to the orphanage and may God give the children and staff eyes to see and ears to hear. Laura, tell Olga I said "Hi and send her a blessing" She is an awesome person in the Lord.
Keep up the good work,
Fran