Monday, August 25, 2008

AHAAAA Fresh Veggies

Well, today was not real eventful, Laura will explain the day. I am going to tell you all a little about Ukraine. I was told before I came on this trip that I would find fresh fruit and veggies on the street. Well, so far I have not! I have ordered salads and received fresh veggies (No lettuce) which works for me; I don't love lettuce anyway. This morning I had the best breakfast since I have been here. I had fresh cucumbers, fresh tomatoes and the best watermelon ever and thought of my mom; she loves watermelon. The coffee was even good this morning. Life is Good when your coffee is Good!!! Well, I just wanted to let you all know about my eating and that I am eating well. I know when people go to foreign countries that is the first thing that freaks you out. Keely ate cow's tongue today and liked it. She did not know it was cow's tongue until after she ate it. Olga, the lady that is making our arrangements, brought us fresh plums off the tree at her house. Those were good and as close to getting them off the street as I have got. Well, I am still striking it lucky with toilet paper and to top it off we went to a restaurant today where the bathroom looked AMERICAN. Vicky and I decided that it was the nicest one yet. So we used it twice. That is all for now except Anita I miss you too!! You would never make it over here except the girls still dress like they are in the 80's. Well, until tomorrow... another day God has made. God is Good all the time!!! Laura will be blogging tonight too.

God Bless,
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
You are so silly. I can imagine you while Im reading your blog!!! I have been praying for all of you. I cant wait to hear all about it when you get home. Lisa Im so proud of you. I know that this was a huge step out of your box but thats when God uses you the most. Well I miss you and Im praying for you everyday! So glad youve had toilet paper and fresh veggies!!!
Love, Charlyn