Thursday, August 28, 2008

8 In Ukraine

Today, we were able to be a blessing to the orphanage through chores we completed for them, more prayer group sessions using our missions cubes and through the smiles and love that we showed each of the kids today. Many of them stayed with us all day.. just hanging out wanting to be close. They see love in our hearts for them and know that we have Jesus in our hearts.

I was also able to bless a few of the girls today by giving them clothes that I had purchased to bring thinking I would wear them but I didn't. I didn't actually need them and I think the Lord had this planned all along when I bought the clothes originally. It was so sad today to see the kids wearing the same clothes they had on yesterday. Laura informed me that they are required to wear their clothes for a week at the time. Some of their clothes barely fit and most all of them wear clothes that don't match or leave little to be desired period. Yana and some of the other girls were so touched by the clothes I gave them. They were very well mannered when I gave them out.. no one was trying to snatch anything up.. they waited patiently. Then, smiled when I said 'for you', gave me hugh hugs, said spaSEEba (thank you) and kissed me on the cheek. One of the girls had to leave tonight to visit her brother but as she came to say good bye to me.. she had her new clothes in her arms. Another one of the girls was wearing one of the shirts I gave her and then at another time of the day she was wearing one of the shirts I had given to yet another girl. So not only were they feeling blessed to have new clothes, but they are sharing with each other. That is another testiment to how God is working among them considering their circumstances.

We gave them the volley balls we had brought along that are color coded. Gold is for God, Black is for Sin, Red is for the blood of Jesus that was shed for us, White is for we are washed white as snow when we receive Christ and Green is for our growth in Christ. Just another way we were able to minister to each of them. Now each time they play with these balls they will be reminded of Jesus and what he did for them and of their salvation.

We ended the day with the kids by having a praise and worship time with them. Our wonderful companion Karina ( our translator) sang songs with them as a guy played the guitar and another the tamborine. He had his sound system set up and the music was great. Even our buddy and pal Salva played and sang. Wow! He was awesome. The kids were right up front singing along and making the hand gestures to go along with the song and dancing. It was truly a blessed evening.

With lots of good byes, smiles and hugs of love, lots and lots of taking pictures with my camera and reminders that Jesus loves them each, we left to head back to the hotel and they headed inside to their rooms and whatever it is they do at night. Will you be back tomorrow they ask? We assured them yes and they waived and off they went.

We praise God for a blessed day and look forward to more of his favor tomorrow.

Don't forget to read Laura and Lisa's blog.

Blessings,

Vicky

1 comment:

Rahn's Journey said...

Your trip has been wonderful, full of God's glory. I am sorry that I haven't been supporting you with comments, I could not get to your blog. My new computer blocked it. I am on vacation and found a computer. I have been praying for you and the children. Ukraine has God moving all over it this week. Williamsburg has moved in Ukraine this week--Fran